Video Vault Se7en





















Ow! My Eyes!


I should be back later tonight or more probably tomorrow with a recap of the first TNA Super X Tournament. Sorry it's been a bit since I've done something, but I've been working more weekends and the little free time I do have is going toward Kingdom Hearts II. Anyway, wrestling...it's awesome. I'm keeping a list of stuff I've found to post here and we should be good for another year or so. Especially since my only criteria is that *I* enjoy whatever matches I choose (or think I will, for the few matches I post that I haven't seen) and I'm generally a pretty easy guy to please. But enough of my rambling.

Alex Shelley v. Christopher Daniels v. Sonjay Dutt (Zero-1 MAX - 11.23.05)

This match is for Shelley's Z1 MAX US Title. Really, I don't have to say much about this. You can look at the guys involved and tell that it'll be tons of fun. I like Alex Shelley more and more as time goes on. He's come a long way since the big feud with Jimmy Jacobs that put him on the map. I'm really glad that TNA is using him probably as well as they use pretty much anyone at this point. (16:22)

Heavenly Bodies v. Thrillseekers (SMW: Night of the Legends - 8.5.94)

The Bodies are Tom Pritchard & Jimmy Del Ray at this point, with Cornette around for added fun. Thrillseekers are, of course, Chris Jericho and Lance Storm. Jericho works this match with an arm he broke earlier that day. Also, he bleeds. A lot. A WHOLE LOT. If you're sqeamish...skip this. Had Keiji Muto not existed, we'd all be talking about the Jericho Scale these days. On top of all the gore, it's a hell of a match as well. (15:48)

Jerry Lynn v. Sean "Lightning Kid" Waltman (Global - 7.13.91)

This is for the GWF Light Heavyweight Title. Match takes me back, as I can remember watching GWF on ESPN every day when I came home from school. What a great era. I really wish ESPN would air some of this stuff on ESPN Classic or whatever. The rights can't be *that* expensive and I'm pretty sure VKM doesn't own the GWF footage, at least. The wrestling wasn't great (well...in this match it is) or anything, but it was still so much fun to watch. As for this match, watch Lynn and Waltman show you why they were a good 5-6 years ahead of the curve. Kid was the first highflyer I remember seeing that just made my jaw drop. (10:00)

Ric Flair v. Kerry Von Erich (World Class: Parade of Champions - 5.6.84)

This is for Flair's NWA World Title on a show that's in tribute to David Von Erich, who had died about 3 months earlier before being able to dethrone Flair and rightfully claim his "birthright." If you were to discover a time machine, I *wouldn't* go back in time and bet my house on Flair. People complain about the finish these days, but it worked in the time period of the match. It's weird to think of a time when a "regional" company could practically fill the Texas Stadium...on a fairly regular basis. 15,000 would probably be seen as great attendence in WWE at this point and the indy companies would kill for 5000. (18:03)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)