FOR SLIGHTLY WORSE: THIS HERE'S THE VICTORY LAP


Look what you made me do, look what I made for you
Knew if I paid my dues, how will they pay you
When you first come in the game, they try to play you
Then you drop a couple of hits, look how they wave to you
From Marcy to Madison Square
To the only thing that matters in just a matter of years (yea)
As fate would have it, Jay's status appears
to be at an all-time high, perfect time to say goodbye
When I come back like Jordan, wearin the 4-5
It ain't to play games witchu
It's to aim at you, probably maim you
If I owe you I'm blowin you to smithereeens
Cocksucker take one for your team
And I need you to remember one thing (one thing)
I came, I saw, I conquered
From record sales, to sold out concerts
So muh'fucker if you want this encore
I need you to scream, 'til your lungs get sore...
Jay-Z, "Encore"

So with the news that none other than S. Carter is back in the game (much like myself - what's up y'all!) it parallels another great that's taking a bow tomorrow.

Trish Stratus, regarded as arguably the greatest female wrestler out there, is hanging up the boots so she can take a minute to breathe and become a wife and possibly a mom.

It's sad for not only nearly every straight male out there, it's sad for the many female fans as well. Let's face it: being a woman in the WWE sucks. All they are put out to be is objects to be ogled by men, hooted at by a 57-year old man to show your rack every damn time you're out there and provide a bathroom break by smart fans who can't stand the sight of what they feel is your untalented ass taking time from that one guy that just needs a break. It's tough.

But Trish broke out of that mold and made a name for herself as a wrestler, not some chick who was there to pose for Playboy.

She also took the bumps (getting put through the table by Buh Buh at Backlash 2000) and the crap (in her angle with Mr. McMahon - figuratively and literally) and came out more popular than anyone since Sunny. It also helped that she's got some personality, unlike a certain "fembot." And she's funny.

Trish has also gotten lucky to have a nemesis/foil in Lita, who, not so coincidentally, is her last opponent at Unforgiven Sunday.

For me, it's always been those two ever since they showed up in the WWE back in 2000 within a month of each other. They've fought each other, tagged with each other and been involved in some great moments against each other.

I always likened their rivalry to the Rock and Stone Cold - though obviously not on that level, the two still have the same characteristics - two charismatic people that when they get together, everything just clicks.

It's been a practice that the E treats people in their hometown like crap (JR, hold ya head) but I doubt they do the same tomorrow. The Toronto fans will scream their head off, Lita will kill herself on a dive or two and Trish wins the title like Jordan in Utah.

And that's when it'll hit that one of the best that ever did it will bid farewell to a fantastic career.

I've seen Trish live about four times at each type of event - a house show (scroll down to July 1)
a RAW, a Smackdown! (scroll down to June 1) and a PPV, so I can't be mad that she's leaving.

All I can do is appreciate what she did with the time that was given to her - and she did her damn best to be the best.

Good luck with your retirement, baby girl.

Pound for pound I'm the best to ever come around here
Excludin nobody, look what I embody
The soul of a hustler, I really ran the street
A CEO's mind, that marketin plan was me
And no I ain't get shot up a whole bunch of times
Or make up shit in a whole bunch of lines
And I ain't animated like say a Busta Rhymes
But the real shit you get when you bust down my lines
Add that to the fact I went plat' a bunch of times
Times that by my influence on pop culture
I'm supposed to be number one on everybody list
We'll see what happens when I no longer exist...

Jay-Z, "What More Can I Say?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)