Video Vault #8: Insert witty subtitle here


























So yeah, that ECW thing is coming up soon. I'm simultaneously mortified and geeking out. So this week, I'm going with stuff that features former ECW talent. Because even if 2.0 sucks a dick, the original had a lot of stuff worth watching...

Sabu v. Flash Funk (Raw - 6.23.97)

Fun match. These two have always matched up really well. Actually, I should post the 30 min. draw they worked at Cyberslam '96, because that match was tremendous. But yeah...this is ECW on WWF TV. It is what it is. (6:54)

Dudley Boys v. Eliminators

Not sure when this is from. Here's a secret for you...youtube videos won't even play on my POS PC. So unless I specifically know what the match is, I'm flying blind. But, uhh...I dig the Eliminators. Never bought them as the best tag team in the world, but the feud with Sabu/RVD, in particular, never failed to provide some quality spottiness. (12:01)

Mikey Whipwreck v. Steve Austin v. Sandman (ECW December to Dismember - 12.9.95)

You know, I've seen this match probably 25 times for whatever reason. Austin is great and Joey Styles is gold on commentary. People forget how over Mikey was at this point. It's almost a shame that he got caught up in this, as I think he could have done a bit more as champion. I can't remember if it's this match or the ladder match where Mikey wins the belt, but watch closely if Sandman tries to slingshot into the ring, as he slips and almost dies. Quality family entertainment! (28:21)

Public Enemy v. Sabu & Tazmaniac (ECW Double Tables: 2.4.95)

This is a double tables match. Rules are simple: Drive both opponents through a table to get the win. This is certainly not a great match, but it'll serve as a shining example of the stupid fun that ECW shows excelled at. (13:46)

Tommy Dreamer v. Samoa Joe (UPW - 4.25.01)

Not much of a match. It's posted mainly because of the guys involved. Watching Joe at this point is interesting, because you can see flashes of how good he'd become in the midst of matches that plainly show you how inexperienced he still was... (9:47)

I'm planning to recap that ECW vs. WWE special on Wednesday, so that'll most likely be the next thing you see from me. Unless I'm struck by a rare burst of ambition, I guess. At any rate, I'm gearing up for the weekly ECW show, which I promise to continue recapping no matter how bad it might turn out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)