PPV Heat (8/21/05)

Hey. I'm back. Again. Since WWE isn't interesting me much lately, I've been slacking on these here recaps. But it's a PPV edition. Five minutes of new content tops, and that's being generous.

-Lilian interviews Kurt Angle. He calls Eugene a thief and promises to show him that he's, "the most vicious son of a bitch in the WWE." You go, Kurt.

-Diva Search winner Ashley (or so the chyron so helpfully informs me) polls the crowd regarding the Hogan/HBK match. I ignore them. She's kinda cute by the way. Not so much so that I regret skipping every segment she's ever been part of, but still...

-Ashley also elicits opinions from Mae Young and Moolah. The latter is picking Hogan and Mae goes with HBK. Somewhat lustfully so, might I add. *shudders*

-Footage with Hogan and Cena from the Teen Choice awards.

-Orlando Jordan promo. His hair is just CRAZY tonight. He's planning on knocking Chris Benoit out. Good luck with that.

Hurricane (w/Super Stacy & Rosey) v. Chris Masters -

Masters grabs Stacy's ass as she gets out of the ring. Hurricane jumps him immediately. Doesn't get a chance to do much, though, as Masters quickly levels him with a clothesline. Stacy trips him up at ringside. He rolls to the floor and stalks her. Rosey cuts him off, but eats a clothesline of his own.

Back in the ring, Hurricane scores a nearfall after a drop toehold. Masters reverses him into the corner, but runs into a back elbow. Blockbuster by Hurricane is good for another two count. Masters avoids a dropkick, though, grabbing the Masterlock and getting the win at 1:54.

You give me *this* instead of Regal v. Scotty? Fuck off.

Also watched the PRIDE FC debut on Fox Sports. Looked like a good show, although my MMA knowledge is quite limited. I've found that what I enjoy seems to be regarded as crap by people who actually know what they're watching.

Maybe it's being in a ring versus the octagon, but I found myself getting into the PRIDE matches way more than the UFC stuff I've watched. Also, Wanderlei Silva is a scary motherfucker. If you see him walking your way...cross the street. He'll eat your soul.

Funny part of the show was me not immediately noticing that Kazuyuki Fujita, the guy Fedor Emelianenko chokes out on this show, is the same guy that currently holds the IWGP Heavyweight title for New Japan. Shows how little that title is worth these days.

I'm hoping to get some more recappery done this week. Found a bunch of random WCW TV sitting on unlabeled tapes and I plan to recap all of it, even if it's a show I've already done. I miss WCW like crazy at the moment. I guess the less WWE interests me at any one moment dictates how much I miss the only competetion they've ever had.

At any rate, I'm geeked to watch it, so I should be equally geeked to comment on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)