Video Vault 12 - Because nobody demanded it!














Since I can't do an ECW recap this week (cable went out about halfway through the show), I might as well bring back the Vault for a week. Just because I can. So, uh...here's some stuff. Please watch, as I always bring the awesome. Watching the wrestling that I handpick will make you a better person. Possibly more attractive to the wimmins as well.

Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito v. CIMA, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino (ROH: Supercard of Honor; 3.31.06)

This has gotten hyped *heavily* as the 2006 match of the year (so far, at any rate). And indeed, it's friggin awesome. This one will have you at the edge of your seat. If the damn thing will link correctly, that is. (28:36)

I should point out that Google video has a ton of stuff. They apparently don't have the time limit that Youtube does, either, so you can get longer matches without having to break it up in parts. And, uh...you didn't hear it from me, but someone posted the entire ROH 4th Anniversary Show. Even in the midst of me posting a shitload of stuff, I'll say that posting an entire show goes against my better judgment, so I'll let all y'all find that one on your own.

Jack Evans v. Masato Yoshino (Dragon Gate - 4.23.06)

It's Jack Evans in Dragon Gate. That alone should make you want to watch this. He gets crapped on a lot, but I think Evans is possibly the most entertaining worker out there right now. And that's coming from someone who's repeatedly talked about his general contempt for flippy wrestling as of late. Anyway, check out the cartwheel Yakuza kick. Fun, fun, fun. (11:09)

Jack Evans, Roderick Strong & CIMA v. B-Boy, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi (Dragon Gate - 7.9.06)

Might as well make this all Dragon Gate, all the time. Out of all of the companies in Japan, this is easily the one that could truly catch on in the US. Just really fun shows from top to bottom. Lots of quick action, plenty of highflying, goofy gimmicks. The works. At any rate, this probably doesn't live up to the talent involved, but the last few minutes are great. (11:33)

Jack Evans v. Genki Horiguchi v. Akira Tozawa (Ladder Match; Dragon Gate -7.9.06)

Really short for a ladder match (in my mind, at least). This is the only one of these that I haven't seen, so no comment on match quality. Should be interesting just based on the talent involved, though. (6:20)

Roderick Strong & Matt Sydal v. CIMA & Don Fujii v. Masato Yoshino & Jimmy Rave v. Ryo Saito & Dragon Kid (Dragon Gate - 7.12.06)

Seriously...if you can't get into this match, you should check your pulse. You might possibly be dead. Just a great, balls out match. Don't be put off by the length (I hate posting matches this long, as I don't think anyone is actually watching them), as it's well worth plopping down for a half hour to watch. (32:18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)