RIP "Lord" Alfred Hayes



Via Meltzer:

Lord Al Hayes, an in-ring star in the 60s and 70s who was best known for his role as a television announcer for WWE in the 80s, passed away this morning. He was 77.

Hayes had been in poor health for some time, slowed by ring injuries and eventually, contracting gangrene which caused amputation of part of his leg.

He suffered a fall a few days ago in the Dallas area nursing home he was living in, which led to a series of strokes, which are believed to be the cause of death.

I don't know what's worse about these posts...knowing that they come far too frequently, or just the idea that all of the people I grew up watching are leaving us. I don't know that I ever saw Hayes work, but I do know that the pure buffoonery of the Hayes/Sean Mooney announce team got me through many a boring mid 80s WWE match.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Vault #21 - More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Wrestling Society X #5

MTV's Wrestling Society X - Pilot Episode (1.26.07)